Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I am leaving for ten days in Italy tomorrow and cannot wait. Jen and I are flying down to Rome to meet Jo, Tom, John and their friend Bill. Bill’s partner Vincent is flying in on Saturday as are Paul and Chris and we are all traveling down to the Amalfi coast where John is treating us all to a free week in a villa to celebrate Tom’s fortieth birthday. John is extremely generous, as well as very kind, and we are all bowled over by this gesture! I have known Tom since he went to junior high school with my sister Gina. He’s impossible not to love. He is funny as hell and really nice. Whenever he talks about my father, he mentions how much of a feeling person he was, and how Tom always felt accepted and never judged by him. It is so sweet of him to say that. It means a lot when my friends talk about my dad. He was special and full of empathy and everyone could see that. Anyway, my very good friend and partner in crime, Kathy Coburn and I took Tom to our twentieth high school reunion (ouch) and he met John there and they became a couple. Kathy and I had known John forever but had lost touch so it was funny to have him back in our orbit again.

So Rome will be fun with us on the loose without Paul and Chris. Not that anyone will be doing anything untoward, but we all like to look at the Italian men. Should be lots of wine drinking, laughter and irreverence. I haven’t seen Tom, John or Joanna since April and am getting really excited about the prospect of hanging out together. Tom makes me laugh so hard that my sides hurt and I just can’t wait to be near him again! As for Jo, I think everyone knows how I feel about her. John is a love too. I don’t know the other guys but I am sure they are cool if the boys are friends with them.

This morning when Chris and I were having our coffee and watching the news, I told him that the outcome of the election could make all the difference between a great trip and a REALLY GREAT trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home