Thursday, January 26, 2006

January 26, 2006

St. Lucia was wonderful in several ways. First, it was a chance to both of you to just sit back and exhale. Secondly, it’s a beautiful and lush paradise and the resort was exquisite. Just sitting back on the beach with a drink and a book was exactly what the doctor ordered.

For some reason, I had a few moments of real clarity on this trip. One day when I was happily jumping in the waves, I had this epiphany, or a real return to my childhood. It was when the wave crashed over my head – something about the taste of the salt water on my lips and the smell of the Coppertone sunscreen I was using, made me remember all the happy and uncomplicated days I’d spent at our little house on Long Beach Island. I hadn’t been in the ocean much since we sold our house, and something about the whole experience on the beach at St. Lucia transported me back to that time. I even had a vivid dream about it. My dad and my grandparents were in it and that always makes me happy because it brings them back to life for me, if only fleetingly.

I’m back to work now and I think it will be a good fit. Bob’s a very bright, interesting guy who has his priorities in order. Family first, everything else second. The work will be a challenge for me, and a radical change from anything I’ve ever done before, but I’m good at thinking outside of the box and I think that’s what this job requires. Bob, like Tom Bullock and Bob Weinstein before him, works collaboratively, which suits me. I’ll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home