Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Great weekend here. Friday, my sisters, their children and I spent the day on the beach, which was fun and brought back a lot of memories of our childhood summers spent on Long Beach Island. We were jumping the waves almost the entire time. Lots of laughs.

On Friday night, we went to Sapori in Collingswood with Jen and Jason and had a great time. We click with them and really enjoy their company. Jen and I ahd the good sense to go home after the four of us had drained five bottles of wine, including one utterly amazing wine they’d picked up recently in Napa, but the boys continued on to P.J’s.

Saturday, we went to Lisa and Mike’s to see their new puppy, Bella, an Australian Shepherd, who in addition to being absolutely adorable, is as smart as a whip. Matt, Melissa and Bill came by as well and we had some drinks and some nice food. I made a tomato tart which seemed to go over well.

Sunday, Chris and I went out and bought a real charcoal grill. Chris saw John Fullerton’s grill in action a few weeks ago and has been yearning for one of his very own ever since. We spent the afternoon in our yard reading the papers and enjoying the perfect weather. Bill and Melissa came over and we made some great burgers and corn chowder with some freshly picked corn I’d picked up at the Collingswood Farmer’s Market. I used Martha Stewart’s recipe and as usual, the final result was fantastic and full of flavor. It also called for fingerling potatoes and a poblano pepper among other things. It was fairly easy and as I said, totally scrumptious. Thanks Martha. I don’t care if you were a convicted felon. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home