Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Abba Gold

One of the happiest weeks of my life was spent with my close friends Jenny and Paul, Joanna, and John and Tom in a rented villa in the wine town of Montalcino in Tuscany. It was October and the light shines differently in Italy in that month. It is diffused and seems to reflect off the newly mown fields of hay. Italy in October is a wonder. With my friends, it is a dream! Sitting at dinner sharing tastes and wine, drinking in the café afterwards are memories I cherish.

Where is this leading to Abba Gold, you ask? We had a rented car and we were driving allover the place singing songs. We got stuck on Abba for a bit and one afternoon at a rest stop, I saw a cassette of it and instead of us singing a cappella we sang along with the record the entire week. It’s happy music and every time I play it I think of my friends and that magical week. “Waterloo” and “Knowing Me, Knowing You” are my two favorite songs. Pure pop songs, perfect in their simplicity.

I’ve been depressed this week and Abba, as silly as it may sound, is helping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home