Saturday, March 05, 2005

I've spent quite a bit of the day looking at gardening resources on the internet. I can't wait to get planting. I want a good kitchen garden with all the herbs I use in cooking, namely rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley, basil, thai basil, coriander, oregano, tarragon and lemongrass, if at all possible. I also want to put in some good plum tomatoes, a few different sorts of lettuce and some zucchini and eggplants.
I also have a ton of ideas for my perennial garden. I really like the idea of going with one color in many hues. I love yellow and have always planted things such as rudbeckia, coreopsis, echinacea and heliopsis. I've never been the sort of person who would be interested in growing traditional rose bushes, although I think they are stunning. However, I am very interested in a climbing rose like the one my friend Andy Johnson has growing on the side of his beautiful house.
It's so much fun to get out in the garden and start digging, planting and weeding. I love it so much and I really can't wait to get started on a garden in our new home. Luckily, I have several friends who are amazing gardeners and upon whose input I will rely heavily. It really is satisfying to grow things. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home