Monday, December 20, 2004

Lately I can’t stop listening to Fairytale of New York by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl. It’s one of my very favorite Christmas songs ever, along with 2,000 Miles by the Pretenders. Fairytale makes me sad for many reasons, most of all that Kirsty MacColl is no longer around to make wonderful music. I loved her and was devastated when she died in a really tragic boating accident, sadly witnessed by her two children, in December, 2000. Kirsty’s music has always touched me. I lived on Madison Avenue in Laurel Springs and “Walking Down Madison” was my anthem. I also loved “Soho Square”, “All I Ever Wanted” as well as everything from her last, and greatest record “Tropical Brainstorm”. RIP Kirsty, you’ve seen me through a lot of storms.

1 Comments:

Blogger EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

nice writing. you get around like me. keep it up

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home