Monday, December 20, 2004

Another really fun weekend. Friday night out at the Twisted Bavarian for the alleged footy stammtisch, which turned out to be a huge drinking session with me, Chris, Jenny, Paul, Bev, Gary, Cal, Planty, Martina, Vikki, Alan, Lise, Richard, Jason, Georgie, Colin, Pete and some guy Steve, who Chris has known for years, in attendance. We got put into this little alcove with our own bar and we really had some fun. Everyone was in good form. Except for Lise, Richard, Jen and Paul, this was the last we were seeing everyone before flying off to England for the holidays. I had a nice chat with Vikki, who is leaving permanently soon for a new life in Australia. I am really fond of her. She’s been great to me since Day One. We had a nice little gossip session, which was a hoot. I also had a good time with Bev. Gary serenaded us with his rendition of “Suspicious Minds” prompting us to think, yet again, that someone has taken the real Gary and put this new gregarious, over the top person in his place! Seriously, I like both him and Bev an awful lot. I had a good time with Planty, who makes me laugh with his exuberance and zest for everything, as well as Martina, another person I like a great deal. It was a good night. Dory, the owner of the Twisted Bavarian, is a sweetheart, and reminds me of people I have been friends with at home. She’s edgy and fun, and loves Henry. I also met one of the gals from Toytown, Katrina, with whom I’d been exchanging personal messages. She was great too. That was fun. Good night. Bad hangover though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home