Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I told one person in Jersey about my arrival date and apparently she told one person and now I have a full in box demanding to know when I will be going to hang out with the coffee gang! I had hoped to sneak back quietly, but that ain’t happening! I can’t help but be completely flattered that so many people want to see me. I had coffee with that crew for at least five or six years straight and I miss them every single day I am here. When Chris leaves every morning I become completely deflated. Those folks in Haddonfield made me laugh, cry, and think every morning. Living alone can be lonely (and joyful too, truthfully) and I always enjoyed the company of that gang the first thing in the morning. I was there between six and seven a.m. almost every day. I could count on seeing Cheryl and John and the two yapping Bichons, Jack in his usual chair, Bob, Ken, Lynne, Suzanne, Frank, Nancy, Jane and many other people. On weekends we caused such a ruckus in that side room that people were afraid to trespass, yet when they did they were welcomed – a bit of a trial by fire. On Saturday mornings I would sit quietly for an hour with Andy and Craig, two of my best pals from the gang before everyone arrived and all hell started breaking loose. So am happy to be seeing them all this weekend. Poor Chris will be walking into a lion’s den, but I suppose he can deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home