Sunday, December 12, 2004

It’s been a really nice weekend. We celebrated Alan’s birthday with him, Annette, two of their friends, whose names, I am embarrassed to reveal, I have forgotten, Jen, Paul, Pete, Chris and Martina. We went to a nice place called Lux and had a terrific time. I had bad vibes about the place because I had read a truly rotten review of it on Toytown, but my trepidations were misplaced. We had a lovely meal and service and stayed for hours chatting. We drank a ridiculous amount of Syrah which loosened our tongues sufficiently to indulge in a fair amount of gossip and naughty talk. All good. Afterwards, Chris and I capped off the night at the Twisted Bavarian, a new place around the corner for us, perhaps too close….

The first half of yesterday was sheer misery. I woke up with a thumping head and smelling like the pub, never what you want to happen! Recovered enough to go to a Christmas Market in Haidhausen with Paul. Had a gluhwein and some food and wandered about and then came home. Chris went out and I watched a zillion episodes of my favorite television show, Law and Order, which reminded me of being single in Jersey.

Got up early today and went to brunch at Faun with Lise, Ros, Claire, her two children, Laura, Anna, Jo, and her mum, Betty, who I’d met the week before and liked quite a bit. We hung out for about three hours and it was totally enjoyable and low key. I came home and Chris and I took a little walk with Henry. I was planning to go to Stitch ‘n Bitch at the Twisted Bavarian, but then got lazy and started watching the Chelsea Arsenal match. Am now lounging in pajamas and am going NOWHERE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home