Monday, January 03, 2005

Buried in the media the past week or so has been the news that Eli Lilly & Co. just turned over missing documents relating to Prozac, which claim a link between the anti-depressant and suicidal, violent behavior. Lilly claims that no documents were ever missing. Harrummph. Whatever. If I had to bet, I would say that Lilly most definitely suppressed these papers. C'mon, there's millions of dollars at stake here. For me, Prozac has been a lifesaver. I have been taking it for years with no ill effects other than some weight gain. I need it. I had a period this past year where I was experiencing immense personal happiness and I thought I could do without it. Let's just put it this way: that attempt ended in tears. However, I am aware that many folks do have problems with it. There's a web site I frequently surf called Prozactruth , which chronicles some of the problems folks have with it. I guess I am lucky. It works wonders for me and has since the day I began taking it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home