Monday, March 14, 2005

We had a terrific weekend. Friday night, we went out for some drinks and just talked. It’s always great to reconnect after Chris has been gone a few days. We chatted a lot about our upcoming two week trip to South Africa, which starts tomorrow. Chris had gone for work last summer and loved it and swore if ever had to go again, he’d take me with him. Luckily, an opportunity popped up late last week and he jumped on it. He only has to work six of the fourteen days we’ll be there so I can lounge around the hotel pool or get up to no good on my own, easy for me! The other eight days should be great. We’re trying to organize a safari for two of the days and the other six days will be spent in the Cape Town area, which looks like heaven on earth. The more I read about it, the more excited I am becoming!

On Saturday, we hosted the Fantasy Football Stammtisch, which was really a hoot. Lise and Richard and Cal couldn’t make it leaving just us, Bev and Gary and Planty. Pete came over too as did Jen and Paul and we chatted about sport for awhile before it turned into full scale eating and drinking. I made a curry, a great pork sate and some brownies. Bev made hot cross buns, which were wonderful and we had lots of snacks. Gary brought Henry some treats which was so sweet of him. I was really touched. We watched Southampton get trounced by Manchester United, which didn’t do much to lift Gary’s spirits. He came in wearing full Saints regalia and was throwing articles of clothing on the floor with each goal scored by Man U. Good thing they didn’t get more than four goals or it would have been total nudity for Gary. It was a really fun night.

Yesterday, I just lazed around most of the day. Chris took Henry to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and then went to meet Brian to watch Newcastle beat Tottenham. Liz stopped by for a few minutes and then Jen came over and we had a great chat and went out for some really good sushi around the corner, prompting memories of Sagami at home.

Today, I am meeting this gal Peggy for lunch. I met her through Toytown when she helped me out of a jam getting Henry to the kennel. We hit it off well and I am taking her to lunch to say thanks and to get to know her a little better. I also have to iron and pack. Drudgery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home