Monday, March 07, 2005

Yesterday, Jen and I went to the Open Westend festival here In Munich. A bunch of artists in that neighborhood opened their doors to folks coming to see their works. I like that sort of stuff and find it really interesting to see people’s studios as well as their finished stuff and works-in-progress. But in actuality, aside from one or two things, I was unimpressed by most of what I saw, if only because my collecting habit runs towards representational art, which there was very little of yesterday. Still, it was good to see what people are doing, even if I didn’t feel any great burning desire to own anything. Every time I go to First Friday in Philly, I usually fall in love with at least three pieces. The scene in Philly is so different though and more my style. The galleries are larger and seem more professional and there’s a huge and highly visible group of people who are seriously into the arts be it through creating or collecting, which there is no doubt here as well, just not as visible to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home