Monday, April 04, 2005

After spending a few hours in the English Garden, we headed across town to celebrate Bev’s birthday, which was another really good time. Bev picked a place none of us had ever tried before, Villa Flora, and everyone agreed it was good food in a great atmosphere. Jenny and I shared a huge sushi platter, which is getting to be our routine. It wasn’t Sagami, but for landlocked Munich, it wasn’t bad. We had a long table to accommodate all of us – Gary and Bev, Jen and Paul, Lise and Richard, a couple whose names I can’t recall, Alan and Annette (looking gloriously pregnant), Planty and Martina, Cal and Ingrid, Joanna, Simon and Pete. Everyone was in good form. Bev, who is normally the most grown-up of us, was loaded, which was fun to see. I like her so much. We have a lot of stuff in common and always have a good conversation and a good laugh. Gary is a great guy too, interested in a zillion different things and always quick with a funny comment. These folks have been Chris’ friends for years and I have enjoyed getting to know them and will be sad to say goodbye. Chris knows my gang at home, and I look forward to his getting to know them as well as I have gotten to know his group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home