Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I often listen to WXPN, which is a member supported non commercial radio station run by the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. I have been listening to it for years in addition to WHYY 91FM, the National Public Radio station in Philly and since moving here, I have continued to listen to both on the net. What always gives me get a giggle is when I hear local traffic updates from home. They make me feel like I am right there in the midst of all the snarls and jams on 295, The Schuylkill Expressway, the bridges and I-95. It’s kinda neat.


I do miss tooling around in the car or puttering in my kitchen listening to great radio.WHYY 91 FM, in particular, on a Saturday afternoon was really great with Wait, Wait - Don't Tell Me!, the really fun quiz show and my favorite show of all, Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? , which often had me laughing out loud as I peeled potatoes or chopped vegetables. I am really looking forward to getting back into that groove again. Radio, it's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home