Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One of the blogs which I read regularly, Yellow Snapdragons, poses the following question:

“Where would you be, or what would you be doing right now, or how would your life be different if you had had the perfect childhood?”

I didn’t have the perfect childhood, but I had a very good childhood, felt loved and secure and knew that my parents loved and respected each other, which was a huge gift to us, a sort of primer on how to have a healthy relationship. Thank you Mommy and Daddy. I’m happy where I am and feel that every step I have taken in my life has led me to this moment. That I am able to feel this way is remarkable to me. No doubt, I have taken the circuitous route to this time of real happiness and satisfaction, but I like to think I have come away from every life experience a bit richer and certainly wiser, though I still have miles to go.

Mary Margaret and I had a lovely chat in the car this morning about striving to live better and do good every day of your life. I do battle with myself constantly, find that I must work to keep my sarcasm and wickedness in check, but so far it’s working. I’ll never be perfect and I don’t want to be, but I do want to be aware of my actions and my reactions and how they affect others.

Dear heavens, am I growing up! (shrieks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home