Thursday, May 04, 2006

Since my mom died, I’ve been taking stock of my life. One of the things preoccupying me is the serendipitous route my life took after getting serious with Chris. I liked him when I first met him in 1997, but we were both younger and I don’t think either one of us had what it took to have a serious relationship. I needed to hit myself over the head a few dozen more times and he ahd some wild oats to sow. But when I happened on him again in 2003, there was instant chemistry, mutual respect and a real give and take between us, enough that we took that huge leap of having a monogamous transatlantic relationship and after that seemed to be working well, having me move to Europe.

I have a few friends who are looking for the kind of bond Chris and I share and I keep wondering why I am in this really healthy, refreshingly honest and good relationship and they aren’t. I did make some conscious choices which had some bearing on things, but what led me to be open to such a serious relationship after only one night of drinking and talking in Munich? One kiss and the deal was sealed. Is the readiness all or is there some element of fate and luck also at play here? I have no idea. I just know that my life has completely turned around and that nurturing our relationship and our mutual happiness is my top priority. I feel lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home