Tuesday, April 06, 2004

April 6, 2004

Another ground breaking day with Henry. First, I took him on the bus where he dozed, bless his sweet soul. We met Jenny and walked over to Cafe Voila which is quite a lovely place near her flat. I was nervous about Henry's first time in a real restaurant but he was great, at my feet, not troublesome at all. Jenny and I had a light conversation which was punctuated every ten minutes or so by her saying how great it was to speak English in the middle of the day. I am so glad and relieved that she is here smoothing the way. It's nt easy. There's not a whole lot of warmth here. Henry is attracting much attention though and generaly people are sweet to him and then smile at me, but only because I am attached to him!

Everything here is a new adventure even buying groceries and drugstore items. For some silly reason, I love foreign drug stores. I could just browse the aisles all day looking at mundane stuff like toothpaste and toilet paper.

My mood has been good which scares me a little bit. I have my period and normally I am a bundle of anxiety and sorrow at this time, but I have been strangely even. I worry a bit about how Chris is really going to feel about my mood fluctuations, but he seems to understand me and is very supportive. His even temperedness really grounds me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home