Wednesday, October 13, 2004

October 13, 2004

Yesterday Liz took a mental health day and we spent some time together drinking coffee and shooting the breeze. I still am utterly floored at my connection to Liz through the Coburns and the fact that she lives right around the corner. It's a small world. I like Liz. She's nice, smart and funny. She's got a bit of a sarcastic streak, which I do too, and appreciate very much. It was great to just hang out during the daytime with someone. I miss that. Today I met Carmen for a quick latte on Leopoldstrasse and that was pleasant too. Carmen is full of energy and really easy to be around. I feel very relaxed in her company.

Jen is having a bunch of folks over on Friday night and I promised to help, which will be nice. As I have said before, I miss entertaining. The most people we can have for dinner here, including ourselves, is six. That, and the fact that our fridge is ridiculously small, makes it tough to entertain on a larger scale. I am used to having twelve people around the table, eating, laughing, drinking. I miss that too. But I will have that again when I return to Jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home