Thursday, May 19, 2005

Chris left for South Africa the day after we returned from our house hunting blitz to America. I don’t know how he can take two long haul flights back to back like that. It would kill me!

Tara and Pam arrived on Wednesday full of piss and vinegar! I had a great time with them. It was like Desperate Housewives Come to Munich when these gals were off the leash! In the strangest coincidence, my old friend Don Howard came to town for two days as well so we all hooked up on Wednesday night with Richard, and later Lise, for a night of utter mayhem at the Wirtshaus in der Au. I didn’t crawl into bed until 3:30. Needless to say the next morning was a horror.

On Thursday I sent them on a bike tour and had a nice dinner with Don, during which we really had a great chat. It was fun remembering a bunch of crazy stuff we’d experienced together years and years ago. I was doubled over laughing at some of it. Don was in great form and it was an absolute pleasure to see him here.

Friday, we hooked up with Richard and Jen and Paul at some little Bavarian place. We sat outside until it started to rain and then went indoors where more mayhem ensued. Although, I absolutely enjoyed seeing both Tara and Pam, I was happy to put them on the train to Venice on Saturday morning!

Tomorrow we leave for our much anticipated trip to Provence, where we are renting Will’s place near Avignon. We are going with Jen and Paul, Lise and Richard and Bev and Gary. We’ve got a bunch of interesting things to do including a lot of wine tasting in Chateauneuf du Pape. Everyone is psyched up for this vacation! So back in about ten days with all the gory details!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vikki said...

Hey Jane,
have a fantastic time in France, I'm sure you will, the winetasting sounds great ;o)
Vikx

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home