Friday, August 29, 2008

I've had a splitting headache for the better part of the past two days. I went head to head with someone on one of our work projects on Wednesday and ever since then have had a headache. Can I blame it on verbal jousting or absorbing really misogynistic comments? I'd really love to, but I'm afraid it just has to do with the weather, which though lovely, has been a bit changeable recently. The dust up at work really threw me for a loop and unleashed a torrent of tears the likes of which haven't streamed down my face in ages. I was alone so I shut the door and just sobbed it out. I've had problems with this guy before and though we'd sort of kissed and made up, I knew his apologies were hollow but I just decided to keep things sweet for the sake of workplace harmony. I'll be professionally cool with him but that is all. I'm cocky enough to say out loud that I am well liked and fairly reasonable. His loss.

Have been crazy busy socially since Tara left last week. The weekend was a blur - in every possible way. Friday night was spent celebrating both of my sisters' birthdays - loads of cocktails, Saturday was two parties - Jason's birthday in the afternoon with lots of booze as usual, and poker at night with lots of beer and Sunday was a friend's dad's 70th and we went but kept it relatively real. This week has been all about paying penance for last weekend's excesses.
But never fear, I'm sure we'll be off on a spree this three day weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home