Saturday, July 16, 2005

After of years of living in this area, I just discovered the Asian grocery store on Route 70 in the D & Q Plaza. It is the best I have ever been to, including those I once frequented in Philly's Chinatown. I was like a kid in a candy shop. It was that good. There was an amazing array of fruit and vegetables, sushi made before your very eyes, a beautiful display of very fresh looking fish and seafood, meat, poultry and all sorts of specialty goods. I picked up all my Asian staples such as Vietnamese fish sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and a bunch of spices. They also have some other ethnic oddities, which I think is fun. Great discovery!

As an aside, I do have to say that the Asian store where I shopped in Munich had a great supply as well, but it did not have as much fresh food as this one. It was mostly spices and such with a few fresh items like ginger, coriander, galangal and other specialty vegs. But worth a look if you are in Munich - at Hohenzollernplatz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home