Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We had a fairly enjoyable weekend. Friday night was nice because we went to a movie, The Constant Gardener, which was fairly good and out for a few drinks and a sandwich at Cork, which was extremely good. Cork got a shitty review in the Philadelphia Inquirer, but I like it. I think the food is great and the atmosphere quite nice. It needs some more life, but I really think it has great potential.

Saturday morning was Marilyn's mass and memorial service which was packed to the gills. Everyone loved Marilyn and it was nice to see so many people come out for such a beautiful event. I cried my eyes out and laughed out loud at parts. There was a part at the end in which they played songs and flashed huge photographs of Marilyn throughout her life. I was honored that one of them was with me. It made me cry. But it was lovely. It still seems so unreal to me. She was fine when I left for Germany, kicking up her heels at my goodbye party, and now she's gone after such intense suffering. As it said in the memorial booklet, she's dancing somewhere!

Saturday night we went out with Gina and John for some Indian and I got dead drunk like I haven't been in ages. I have no idea why it hit me so hard. Yuk. I do not like feeling that way.

Sunday was good too. Chris went off to watch the Eagles game with John MacMinn and Jo and I did errands and made a nice meal of steak, Mirai corn ad tomato salad. Mmmmm....

Now Chris is in DC. I am going over to Mary Margaret's to divide some of her perennials. She's extremely generous and letting me take some. I like her. We're quite different, but she's a doll and a real quality person!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane, I love reading your blog, you crack me up one minute and make me feel like bursting into tears the next... its great! I should be more honest in my blog, but hell what do I know, I'm a guy!! laters.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home