Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Jitters

I am finally starting to succumb to a case of pre-marital jitters, heaven knows why! Maybe it’s because I still haven’t settled on a dress, but it certainly does not have anything to do with my choice of a partner. Chris is the right man at the right time. I’m also a bit nervous about hosting his family. I want it to be nice for them and for us. We’re thrilled they are coming.

It is freezing cold here right now. Tonight I am roasting a chicken and hoping it will warm up our drafty house.

Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my dearest friends, Lynne. Lynne’s been there for me through a lot of stuff since I met her 7 or 8 years ago and I have been there for her as well, I’m sure she’d say in answer to that. We’ve shared a lot of laughs and a good amount of tears. She’s as kind as anyone I have ever known and I love her very very much. I also adore her daughter, Julia, who has sat through more wine soaked dinners with us and our gang of crazy, cackling of hens than I am sure she cares to remember!. She’s always been the mature one. Lynne and Julia – a great team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home