Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's a nasty day, gray and gloomy day here in the Northeast after a day of snow and ice. I stayed in last night while Chris walked over to Mike's to play cards. I think it was my first Friday night spent very quietly all year and it was great. Chris rolled in quite late - well after two this morning and I was still awake. I got up early this morning and hit the gym and then went for a solitary coffee, came home, showered and then got back into pajamas and we've been in bed all day with the dog, books, the papers and the television in our comfortable and warm bedroom. We're sort of camping out - as I've said before our house is chilly and drafty and our room is just cozy and nice. Chris just went out for some pizza and a video and I am headed downstairs to get us a nice bottle of wine and we're going to have a quietly decadent evening of doing nothing but relaxing in our room, with our dog, which seriously makes me very happy.

Tonight's wine: A cheeky, happy Costieres de Nimes, I think. I've got a few bottles -not sure which I am going to pick. Jancis Robinson thinks Costieres de Nimes are nice everyday wines and a good bargain and I agree. Perfect for a night in front of the telly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home