Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I've noticed the weirdest thing lately - our local grocery stores are selling Dr. Oetker products, which I used in Germany and thought were strictly marketed there. I must have opened up a hundred packages of Dr. Oetker's Bakpulver (Baking Powder) when I lived there. It's just strange to see the stuff on our shelves here. Apparently, I'm not the only one who noticed it - a quick Google search reveals several other bloggers who are a bit surprised by it. Intriguing.

Last night was fun. We managed to round up a nice group of six people to wander around the corner for dinner in a wicked ice storm. Lots of laughs, some truly good comfort food and wine, but a bit of a treacherous walk home.

I just got a call at 5:30 p.m. Haddonfield, New Jersey time from Jen in Germany, where it was 11:30 p.m. She forgot my birthday was yesterday but wanted to call before she went to bed before another day had passed. It was kind of a chuckle because an hour or two before I was kidding around with Chris about how she forgot me! Was nice to hear from her. And nice to be remembered even a day late. Thanks, Jen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home