Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Yesterday spent the day at Island Beach State Park with my sister Lisa and the kids. Was a perfect day for the beach, sunny and breezy. Ocean was ridiculously cold though but I went in three or four times. There is nothing better than the ocean in my mind - I find it calming when I am sitting next to it and exciting when I am jumping the waves. Island Beach is an undeveloped barrier island and it is spectacular with rolling dunes, all sorts of interesting birds and beautiful natural vegetation. It's what all the Jersey beaches must have looked like one day before we ruined them (most of them anyway).

Last night was Stitch 'n Bitch. We're up and running and have a nice core group of regulars. I'm happy about that.

Chris gets back later this evening. I guess we'll go grab some dinner somewhere. It will be too late to cook.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

When I was a night shift RN I would get off my shift at 7 AM and go down to Island Beach State Park and sleep until 3 or 4 then get up and do it all over again.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home