Sunday, October 24, 2004

It’s Indian summer here in Munich, which makes me think of home. But lately everything is making me think of home.

It’s been a great weekend so far and my sides are hurting from laughing so much, always a good indicator to me of just how much fun I’ve had. Friday night, a bunch of us went to the Pappenheim for beers. I like the friendly atmosphere in there. I sat next to Andy for a long time as he regaled me with stories of Stuart as a kid. Really funny stuff. I miss Stu and Allison by the way. They brought a lot to the table, mostly laughter. Paul came too and so did Alan, which was really nice. They were telling me stories of getting naked --- at Oktoberfests past --- and of certain parties comparing penis size. It was a hoot and led to a really raunchy discussion of sex that can only happen at two in the morning when you are feeling no pain.

Yesterday was another spectacular day and we went to the Auer Dult, a big market and fair in Au. It was fun looking at the antiques and all the old fashioned rides. Paul and Lise met us for a bit and we ate some food and people watched. Came back home for a few hours before heading out to the Wirtshaus zum Alten Kreuz on Falkenstrasse to meet Lise and Richard and Graham and his new friend Martin, who we all liked very much. We love going in that bar. The woman who runs it is incredibly friendly and remembers Henry by name when we go in there about once a month. Another really fun night. We have a nice relationship with Lise and Richard, very easy and filled with laughter, but we have serious conversations too. And I adore Graham. He is very sweet, funny and genuinely kind.

Now we have just gotten a text from Pete who wants us to meet up at the Chinese Tower, for probably one of the last beer garden days of the year. I am inclined to say yes, but Chris looks like he is suffering a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home