Sunday, October 17, 2004

October 17, 2004

Yesterday was thumping hangover day. I went to Jen's knowing that I was going to tie one on and boy did I. I have no idea what motivated me to drink two cosmopolitans and many glasses of wine. I paid the price yesterday. The dinner party was a lot of fun. The food was wonderful. Everyone was in good form, especially Gary Jones, who I like more and more every time I am in his company. Bev is great too, but she was ailing with her back problems. Lise and Richard are always good fun. Ros was there, looking stupendous. So were Joanna and Joao, with whom I had a great conversation about food and cooking. I also had a few giggles with Paul about his drunken "I pathetic" texts a few weeks ago!

I somehow got out of bed at eleven and wandered over to Wordsworth on Schellingstrasse with Liz. I bought a bunch of travel books which were on sale as well as Jason's new book , which I was absolutely thrilled to find! I couldn't help but tell the guy behind the counter that Jason is a friend. He said the book had just arrived in the store and was surprised that I asked for it.

Quiet day otherwise. Chris made a great soup for us. He is a very good cook and chooses recipes which I would never choose, but which always are tasty.

I did speak to Joanna for a long time on the telephone. I miss her so much and we had a good cry together. She was feeling a little blue and I totally empathize with her sorrow. We laughed too, which we always do. I love Joanna. She is in a league of her own.

Tomorrow I am going down to Bolzano for a few days to spend with Lee and Helen, really terrific people from Haddonfield, who are touring Italy at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home