Friday, February 11, 2005

I hate talking about money with Chris. I have always been very private about it. I was taught that to talk about money was in very bad taste so I never learned how to do it. It’s my hang-up because he is more than generous. I am so used to making my own money and paying my own way that it doesn’t seem natural to be so dependent on someone else. And even when I go back to work, I’ll be lucky to make one quarter of what he is making. When I was on my own, I was making more than enough to have a very nice little lifestyle. Now I find myself weighing every purchase, something I never did before. He’s spent his entire life being financially prudent and I am a train wreck with money. As I said, he doesn’t have a hang-up about sharing it, but I certainly have a hard time taking it. I really need to work on being more accepting of Chris’ generosity. So in the spirit of being more forthcoming, that is today’s true confession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home