Sunday, July 24, 2005

We found a great set of tables and chairs at Pottery Barn last night which we are fairly sure we are going to buy. Looking at this stuff gets very overwhelming after awhile and we like this stuff so we think we'll just go for it!

We stopped in to see John and Tom last night as we were near their place. We ended up staying awhile, drinking some beer and cadging some of their food. We sat in the magnificent garden watching the fireflies. It turned out to be a really nice time.

This morning we stopped by to see John and Steve who are in the midst of having their entire kitchen remodeled. It looks great and so does their entire house and yard. Their garden is amazing too. John has an unique touch. It's been good stopping by to see them a bit more often. My relationship with John goes back thirty years. We have been extremely close for most of that time. I love Steve too, because he makes John happy, but also because he is kind and sweet and funny as hell. I am happy Chris is getting to know them better and my other good friends as well. Everyone seems to like him, which tickles me.

I have also been seeing a little of Diane and Marilyn, and each visit leaves me feeling like I am very blessed and lead a very charmed life. Marilyn's illness has taken away most of her ability to move and her speech as well, but her mind is completely the same. She's the same old Marilyn I have always known. We've laughed and we've cried and though it is so heartbreaking, I feel very privileged to have had some amazing conversations with her lately (through the computerized device she uses to communicate). We've had some brutally honest talks about life and we've had some silly ones as well in which she asked for all the gossip around town! I am also uplifted by her courage and tenacity and Diane's as well. I love these women. It's not fair, but I am trying my best to glean something from their terrible experience. It's all about living in the moment, being good, kind and fair to people, and letting them know much you value their presence in your life. It is that easy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jane, its lovely to hear that..
and you are absolutely right, with all this hate in the world its great to show your friends you care...

so keep on rocking...

lots of love Planty.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home