Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Tuesday Ten

10 Great Love Songs

There are a ton out there, but here's a few that come to mind...in no particular order.

1) "A Case of You" - Joni Mitchell - I have loved this song since the day I heard it when I was. Joni's a goddess in my book.
2) "Building a Mystery" - Sarah McLauchlan - this song meant a lot to me a long time ago when I was in love with someone else and I think of him every time I hear it, mystery that he was.
3) "Yellow" - Coldplay
4) "With or Without You" - U2 - a great, great song
5) "Romeo and Juliet" - Dire Straits, one of the best songs EVER, by ANYONE, of ANY TYPE!
6) "Everything's Different Now" - Til Tuesday - This is how I feel about Chris.
7) "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" - Carly Simon, beautiful and real.
8) "Nothing Compares 2U" - Prince wrote it, but Sinead O'Connor's version is my favorite and the entire CD of "I Do Not Want What I Have Not Got" was in my changer for about six months straight once.
9) "Marble Halls" - a old and beautifuyl song written by Michael Balfe for an opera called The Bohemian Girl, in 1843, but the version I absolutely adore was done by Enya and is featured in one of my favorite movies ever, The Age of Innocence.
10) "One" - U2 - makes me cry, reminds me of the same guy from item 2 in this list. Thank heaven he's in the past, love doesn't need to be torture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home