Monday, October 17, 2005

I’ve been having a blast listening to WXPN’s 885 ALL TIME GREATEST ALBUMS list, compiled by a listener survey. They are down to the last ten albums and I’m curious as to which will be the number one. As far as I am concerned it should be “Blood on the Tracks” by Bob Dylan, or my other extremely sentimental favorite “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen. We shall see. In the meantime, it’s fun listening to them while I work for Tom replacing Jeannette while she gets married.

Speaking of which, I’ll be here for two and a half weeks. I love being back here. I love my buddies – Bob, who will be my new boss starting in January; Jason, who is a pal; and Danny, who is as nice as can be. I also adore Tom, who is one of my favorite people around and has become a really dear friend. Despite our obvious political differences, we have a great relationship. I really love him, trust him, and am comfortable revealing myself to him and know that he feels the same. We both know where “the bodies are buried” in each other's lives so to speak and that gives us a huge level of comfort and is a never ending source of private laughter between us!

In other news, Chris and I are getting married on December 28th while his family is visiting from England. After much discussion this past year, we’ve decided to keep it extremely small and intimate with only our families in attendance. It was a tough call, but once we invited one friend, it was going to get out of control. I’m sure our friends understand and give us their love and support. Joanna has already started on the dress hunt, saying she needs to be involved in some way! In all honesty, she was the hardest for me to exclude given the extremely close nature of our relationship these past years, but she was sweet when I told her about it. I would really expect nothing less from her. She’s been a great friend. But Chris was adamant about all or nothing and in the end, I totally agree with him. I am as far from being a blushing bride as one could possibly be and I didn’t want a bunch of hoopla. We love one another and want to make a commitment in a very simple way.

P.S. I plan to update this on a daily basis from hereon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vikki said...

Congratulations on setting the date, that's fab news. Sorry, I've only just caught up with your blog!
Love Vikx

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home