Sunday, November 12, 2006

A really chilled out relaxing weekend here in Haddonfield. Friday night, cooked up a storm, Thai Fish Cakes with a stunning dipping sauce, and a lovely shrimp curry, both from Nigel Slater's new cookbook, about which I will write in a day or two. It was a really fun night - some of the usual suspects were in attendance, namely us, Melissa, Bill, Tom and John. Tom's birthday was last week and Melissa's is this week so when she volunteered to bring a dessert, I was really amused when she walked in with a beautiful birthday cake that had "Happy Birthday Melissa and Tom" written on it! Very funny! Here's a not so hot shot of the cake and a very funny photo of Missy and Tom blowing out the candles together. Silly night, lots of fun!


.

I've made four batches of pasta this weekend. I overworked the first batch and tossed it out. The second batch looked beautiful, so tempting that Roon ate the entire thing off our kitchen table. This morning I woke up and made two more batches, which we are serving to my family along with a classical Bolognese sauce I made yesterday afternoon. Right now, I'm exhausted after what feels like hours of kneading, so I am going downstairs to pour myself a nice glass of good Italian wine and am going to settle on the couch (if I can get the dog to move over) with the Sunday Times.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home