Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Joined Chris in New York last Thursday and stayed until Monday morning. We had a real nice time reconnecting with one another. As I have no doubt mentioned, I miss the hell out of him when he's gone. He's my best friend, my sounding board, my conscience - and so much more.

We had a lovely belated anniversary celebration Thursday evening at the Red Cat Cafe in Chelsea, a place where we feel very comfortable, and where we enjoy the food and ambience. Afterwards we walked down 23rd Street and stopped for a few drinks on the way. Nice.

Chris spent Friday morning working and I went to the gym in the hotel. We had a nice lunch at a brasserie. I had moules and frites and Chris had Welsh rarebit. You know Chris, if there's melted cheese on a menu, he's ordering it! We both had a beer.

On Friday night, we met Chris' old friend from Munich, Mick Collins and his girlfriend Suzanne, and their friends Holger and Heike, all in from Europe for a quick jaunt. We hooked up in McSorley's downtown, a great old beer and sawdust joint I could have spent three days in .... Afterwards, we took them to Katz's Deli for pastrami and rye and they were duly impressed by its standing as the lcoation for Sally's fake orgasm in When Harry Met Sally. Afterwards we starggled over to Milano's, a real dive on Houston, with a great vibe and an incredible jukebox. Lots of drinks and laughs.

Saturday, Chris and I went to the New York Transit Museum (trains, you know who loves them!). Had a great lunch in a middle eastern joint and ended up having great pizza at John's, a famous old brick oven place in the village and more drinks with the gang.

Sunday, we went to Ellis Island, which was interesting for both of us, and then out for Mexican to a place called Zarela which I found on Chowhound. Three margaritas on a Sunday night followed by a beer - not so smart old girl.

Back to work on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home