Thursday, January 18, 2007

We finally had some snow today, which was nice given that it’s been a weird and warm winter here, but I hear the same is true back in Munich.

Finally getting back into a bit of a routine here after the holidays. Chris is in Manahttan most weeks and I miss him very much. I am still stunned by this. I used to revel in my solitude when I lived alone, but it’s been three years since we started living together and I suppose I’ve changed. It’s not that I can’t be alone, but life is infinitely better when he’s here, even if he’s in another room. I love sharing meals with him and bouncing ideas back and forth. There’s never been another man like him for me, I’m happy to say. We laugh, we tease, we fill in each other’s blanks. It’s nice to be on this journey with him.

Last week we went to Sagami with some friends, a place I’d spent some time in with another person I once loved, 10,000 light years ago. I hadn’t been in there since we broke up and I thought it was going to be weird for me, but it wasn’t at all – just one more sign that I made all the right choices this time. We had a good time with Lisa and Mike, absolutely gorged on the freshest sushi I think I’ve ever had. Mike actually apologized to me for an argument we had a few weeks ago, which made me feel good. But he also paid me a compliment by telling me that my argument had caused him to change his mind on the matter at hand. Mike and I get along great, and it’s impossible not to like him, but we’re both passionate about things which can cause friction from time to time. Lisa and Chris are both the easygoing halves of the couples while Mike and I are both the uber opinionated other halves. I know I couldn’t live with me, and I certainly couldn’t live with Mike but Lisa and Chris are doing a good job with us!

Will try to get at this more often, and in more personal depth. I find myself whitewashing and glossing over stuff and I am trying hard not to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home