Sunday, June 10, 2007

I woke up with a godawful hangover from drinking way too many gin and tonics at the party last night. We had a really nice time. The party was excellent with good food, booze, live music, a very congenial crowd and a beautiful evening in a gorgeous setting. I love having Chris as my partner at these things. He goes in one direction and I go in another and I don't have to worry about him at all because he can hold his own in any situation. Everyone really likes him too which makes me feel good. He's brought me a lot of happiness which instantly makes folks love him, but he's funny and quick witted and people enjoy being in his company. I know I do!

The hangover disappeared fairly quickly and we had another enjoyable morning while drinking coffee and poring over the papers on the porch. Then I got on the horn with Lynn and got her to accompany me to yet another garden center, one which was recommended by a gal I had chatted with at the party. This place, Popes' Gardens, was simply amazing. They had more varieties of things than I have ever seen in one place in my life. And they were lovely people with dogs, cats and a pygmy goat wandering about. I'll be going back there this week.

Tonight we're meeting up with Mike, Lisa, Melissa, Bill and maybe Matt at Fuji to celebrate Mike's birthday. Happy Birthday Mike, we love you!

Afterwards, we're heading to Lisa and Mike's to watch the last ever Sopranos, which has been topic number one in South Jersey conversations all week! Everyone has a theory - it's hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home