Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I have been feeling stressed out beyond all belief because of something happening in the life of one of my nearest and dearest. I’ve discussed this ad nauseum with Joanna and Chris and both have been counseling me not to make this into my event. I am working hard to follow their wise advice, but it is not easy. When someone I love is experiencing pain, bewilderment and fear it’s extremely hard not to take it on board myself. I have to battle myself not to do so. I hate to be so cagey about this – and those of you very close to me know what is going on – but I don’t want to invade someone’s privacy by going into the details. The details don’t matter any way. What matters is that the situation will get better – of that I am positive! It’s just the nasty bit in the middle ---

Catherine came over last night and we polished off some wine and set the world to rights. Was good and therapeutic.

Chris is in San Francisco this week and I miss him an awful lot.

I am also missing Jen. I know it’s not in the picture soon and they probably feel differently, but I wish they were back with us – grilling, drinking and making merry in our backyard.

We’ve been enjoying our summer with beach trips and lots of grilling. We’ve been going back and forth between our house and Lisa and Mike’s and having lots of good eats. Lisa is another doll – a sweet gift to me who always wants to make people feel good. When Chris is gone, she makes sure I eat with them at least once. She is kind, gentle hearted and an awesome cook. We’re opposites in many ways, but our connection is real and it works.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home