Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Ten



Stuff I'm listening to today (Warning: Some Old Boyfriend Songs and One Husband Song Ahead - I'm in a remembering kind of mood)



1. Save It For Later - the English Beat - always reminds me of a drunken Saturday afternoon with a boyfriend, sadly now dead, and a good friend, happily still alive and kicking.



2. Shelter - Lone Justice - Great underrated band. Maria McKee's voice is amazing.



3. Falling Slowly - the Frames - Maybe my favorite song of the past five years. I loved the film and I love this song. Makes me cry.



4. Everybody's Changing - Keane - Brings back very happy memories of driving in the car with Chris in Germany with Henry in the back seat.



5. California Stars - Billy Bragg and Wilco - a beautiful song.



6. Building a Mystery - Sarah McLachlan - this is Amr 1997-2002. I could have written this song - if I had a scintilla of talent. "oh you're so beautiful/with an edge and a charm/but so careful/when I'm in your arms"



7.One - U2 - must be Amr day. His birthday is coming up on Saturday, maybe he's climbed into my subconscious.



8. The Weakness in Me - Joan Armatrading - Peter, Peter, Peter.



9. Bobby Jean - Bruce Springsteen - one of his best songs ever.



10. The Late Show - Jackson Browne - 1976 - first love. Still hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home