Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's the very early hours of Tuesday morning and I can't sleep. The laproscopic procedure I was supposed to have to remove my gallbladder last Friday was impossible since the gallbaldder was so inflamed and diseased. Imagine my shock to come out of surgery and be told that it had to be removed with open surgery, which required a scary foot long incision, at least fifty metal staples to hold it together, a drain and a recovery time of six weeks. I spent the entire weekend in the hospital, where, by some miracle, I scored a private room, and was surrounded at one point by ten friends as I held court. I was lucky there to have great care from cool doctors and nurses and I recovered very well and my doctors sent me home "because you're doing amazingly well and we don't want you to pick anything up here". So home I came, with pain pills and a set of nerves.

Everything hurts but I am taking my percocets and dealing. Friends and Family have been wonderful. Lots of visits from people and lots of flowers and nice get well gifts in the form of food for us. Chris will be home all week. I go back on Monday to get my staples removed. Lisa and Mike took Rooney for a long walk which was helpful, Joanna, Lynne and Gina were all stars in the hospital helping me get to the bathroom and yesterday, Catherine went above the call and duty of a friend and help redress the wound after my first shower. All appreciated.

I am going to try to get back to sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home