Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's like a frozen tundra outside and I have no plans other than staying in, cooking, watching a movie or two and having our friends come by for some pulled pork, which I am slowly roasting right now. The whole house smells incredible and I think it just feels more cozy when something is cooking. Chris is going to brew some Munich style helles and I am going to make a loaf of French bread. We sound frighteningly domesticated, but I've always been a nester. I'm thrilled that I have absolutely no reason to go out of the house. Friends with their dogs are coming to us, a lot of wine will be drunk and we'll have some laughs. A perfect day.

We had a great day yesterday as well - went to the Delaware Art Museum with Joanna to see the amazing permanent collection of Pre-Raphaelites, supposely the biggest and best outside of Britain, as well as the temporary John Sloan exhibit, which ends today and which I absolutely loved, being a huge fan of The Ashcan School and The Eight. The paintings all centered on New York in the first third on the 20th century and I loved every single one of them. Afterwards, we drove into South Philly and had some pizza and a few beers, came home for a few hours and then went out around 9:30 to see John's band with a bunch of people - really fun. John's totally enjoying playing with these guys and it's a huge relief from his pressure cooker career. It makes me feel good to see him so loose and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home